Cougar's 700K Keyboard Is Built For Gamers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already used one, didnt like it - keys feel too high/tall, the gap between the G function keys and the normal keys is too small

Theres too many companies making "gaming" keyboards and mice that make just rubbish products with no real RND making the devices feel plain wrong to use or just annoying because of issues like layout/size/shape etc

wysiwygbill

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2008
The darn thing looks downright painful to use what what it being so edgy. :p

I do want a mini screen these days for my gpu/cpu/fps info though.

Did you read the article? It's right there: "The 700K uses Cherry MX mechanical switches, which are placed on an aluminum backplate for a sharp typing experience."

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010

Did you read the article? If you did you certainly didn't comprehend it. Try less snark next time and you might not embarrass yourself.

It's a more than valid question since Cherry doesn't mean red and it isn't a single switch. Cherry MX is a brand name with switch models Black, Red, Brown, and Blue. Each of the switch types has unique characteristics as well which makes knowing which type is used extremely valid. It's also very rare for a manufacturer to offer a single keyboard model with all the different switch types as an available option as well. To top it off many switch type variants are often only regional offerings.

As for the answer to the question I can't find one at the moment. The spec list and datasheet on the Cougar website shows a picture of Cherry MX switches but doesn't specify which are available or if all will be available.

xyriin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010

cou·gar (ko͞ogər) noun - a large American wild cat with a plain tawny to grayish coat, found from Canada to Patagonia

I'm pretty sure they knew exactly what a cougar was when they named their company. Some people stick to using actual definitions instead of informal slang.

Lmah

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Doesn't look like something I would buy, it looks pretty stupid IMO. I'll take my DasKeyboard and Ducky keyboards over that anyday.

OzDracula

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012
"Gamers might like this layout, although we reckon that pure typists may think that there is space for improvement."
Irrelevant! Who cares what typists think! It's a *gaming* keyboard!

Gamers need to type but for the majority of the time it's WASD!

Bondfc11

Honorable
Sep 3, 2013

Thanks for clarifying (looking at the website - I didn't see anything listed either). I refused to answer the original post since he clearly has no idea what mech switches are all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.