Could a Mac Mini Refresh be Coming Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stucki also claims that the optical drive in the Mini, which is currently an IDE drive, will be replaced by a SATA optical drive, allowing for better performance
Hmmmmm well that discredits Stucki right away :)

Lets see now, even at 20x DVD(I have yet to see slimline drives like those in the Mac Mini over 8x) you are talking only a little over 27 megabytes/sec. This is far under the 133megabytes/sec offered by the PATA standard.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom][/citation]
That's exactly what I was thinking. I even had that line copied and ready to post but I read your comment and saw that you saw the same thing. What a 'tard Stucki must be (j/k).

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]
Stucki also claims that the optical drive in the Mini, which is currently an IDE drive, will be replaced by a SATA optical drive, allowing for better performance
Hmmmmm well that discredits Stucki right away :)

Lets see now, even at 20x DVD(I have yet to see slimline drives like those in the Mac Mini over 8x) you are talking only a little over 27 megabytes/sec. This is far under the 133megabytes/sec offered by the PATA standard.[/citation]
(let's try this again) (sorry for double post but wanted the quote -- if I can figure this thing out)
That's exactly what I was thinking. I even had that line copied and ready to post but I read your comment and saw that you saw the same thing. What a 'tard Stucki must be (j/k).

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
the new mac mini is confirmed to use the Atom 333 processor on Nvidia's Ion platform...wouldn't this be a huge leap BACKWARDS in performance? please let me know if im missing something here.

Status
Not open for further replies.