Question Could anyone help diagnose my mic popping?

GMj0sh

Honorable
Jan 5, 2016
Hi, I've got a Lewitt 440 and there has been some popping issues for a few months now. I've swapped interfaces to see if it was my Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen but it didn't seem to be the problem. The popping randomly appears sometimes, and at different volumes as well. I try not to touch or move the mic when it's not popping but the popping can randomly stop or start even if I didn't touch or move the mic at all.

I have a link https://clyp.it/bx1iihzw that has the recording of the popping noise, as turning the gain up on my microphone makes it audibly loud enough to capture it on a recording. Though me squeezing the frame of the mic on its sides seems to make the popping a lot more quiet, so I don't know what's happening there with that. If anyone could offer any help that would be amazing. Thank you.

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please parse the specs to your system? I'm assuming it's a system. If not, then please parse the make and model of your laptop or the prebuilt and their SKU, that you're working with. Check and see what BIOS version you're on and cross reference your platform's support page to see if you have any BIOS updates pending. Check to see what OS version you're on(assuming you're on Windows 10). Then reinstall your chipset drives in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

I notice that there's an app for the interface you have;
https://customer.focusrite.com/en/s...usrite&product_by_type=1363&download_type=all

Once you've reinstalled your chipset/USB drivers, uninstall and reinstall the Focusrite app in an elevated command as well.

GMj0sh

Honorable
Jan 5, 2016
Unfortunately updating the BIOS, reinstalling chipset drives, and elevating the Focusrite app did not solve the popping. I wanted to wait a few days to make sure the popping went away but today it was made apparent that it's still an issue. Which I still don't understand why some days it pops and others it's inaudible.

My system specs -

GPU - ASUS STRIX GeForce GTX 1080
Motherboard - MSI Z170A M5
CPU - i7 6700k
PSU - Corsair RM 750x
RAM ~ DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x2 3200MHz & Trident 8x2 3200MHz
Storage ~ Western Digital 1 Terabyte 7200rpm x2 w/ Western Digital 250GB SSD
OS ~ Windows 10

Thank you for the help.