Question Could i use a kleenex tissue to wipe my monitor screen ?

Tinderbox (UK)

Commendable
Feb 22, 2022
It will wear away the coating on the screen, buy some microfibre cloths and some screen cleaning spray, I make my own with 50% isopropyl alcohol and 50% purified water.

Feb 2, 2024
If the tissue is wet then yes, if the dry tissue is wiping up a liquid then yes. But it may lead to scratches later on. Remember microfiber cloths are just microscopic plastic, and such plastic at that scale is very harsh, the only way to make soft plastics is by infusing plasticizers and stuff which are not good for longevity and wear so microfiber are just as bad really.
The key to scratch resistant is a tough finish rather than hard. When cleaning glass and plastic you must be super careful or they scratch due to their brittleness.

As I said no material is safe period! To address this you use the padding/pressing technique which limits the amount of movement and hence scratches but is more time consuming. Dont use car style towels their fibers get nasty and incur scratches overtime, use a camera lens style cloth.

TBH most screens are surprisingly tuff and I'm amazed how much abuse they have taken and yet not scratched.
And of course only use water & IPA. Water by itself aids in friction, while 30-70 to 50-50 IPA/water minimizes friction.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on the type of monitor. Most monitors you should never use alcohol, simple distilled water used to dampen the cloth will do just fine never press hard with the cloth. For really bad spots that the water don't clean 1:1 MIX OF WHITE VINAGER AND DISTILLED WATER. ( read the manual for your monitor)

Again it depends on the type of monitor.

Your manual for the monitor should include cleaning information.

This is right from LG. https://www.lg.com/us/support/help-...w-to-clean-the-monitor-screen--20153255207578

Reactions: Ralston18

TRENDING THREADS