Question Could my new PC kill all of my drives?

Feb 12, 2019
I am going to try to make this as short as possible and also try to make as little mistskes as possible (english is my second language).

Also first time posting so pls no bully ;)

So as I said in the title, recently I bought most of new pc-that is mobo, cpu, ram and a case (bought gpu and psu around two months ago). Today, when all parts have arrived I assembled my new PC without much issues and tried booting it up. Upon starting up my machine I was surprised by how quiet it is (perhaps a bit too quiet). After initial loading I was met with the screen implying lack of boot drive (it wasn't the first time this happened). I restated it and went straight to BIOS menu and then to board explorer. All sata ports (3 used) showed "empty" much to my annoyance. I tried a different things in hope they would fix this issues-ex: changing "sata power" ports on my psu, switching sata cables with each other ect. After my try with power-only I realised both of my HDDs seemed to not spin upon starting my PC.

Could it be that all 3 of my drives died at the same time?

specs:
Ryzen 5 2600 (brand new)
MSI B450 pro vdh 2 (brand new)
16 GB @ 3000MHz G.Skill TridenZ (brand new)
Corsair TX650M (2 months old)
Nvidia GTX 1070ti (2 months old)
750GB HDD #1 (around 3 years old)
2TB HDD #2 (around 1 month old)
240GB SSD #3 (this one died nearly two months ago but I managed to get an RMA on it)

Supahos

Expert
Ambassador
It's not uncommon not to be able to boot off a drive from a different system. If Windows 7 it's not even supported by ryzen to begin with. Even if win 10 I'm not surprised it won't boot. Try the windows installer to see if it'll recognize the drives.

Feb 12, 2019
It's not uncommon not to be able to boot off a drive from a different system. If Windows 7 it's not even supported by ryzen to begin with. Even if win 10 I'm not surprised it won't boot. Try the windows installer to see if it'll recognize the drives.
I tried windows installer but I still doesn't see any drives.

Feb 12, 2019
I think I should also mention that one of mythe HDDs was plugged through a separate cable to the PSU but its dead like the second HDD and the SSD

Go into the BIOS and disable Secure Boot. Also, enable legacy boot support. That should get you up and running, provided that your drives are indeed OK.

Protip: Leave Secure Boot off and legacy boot support on. IDK what has gotten into the minds of motherboard and BIOS manufacturers in the past few years, but it's BEYOND annoying.

Are you just plugging it the drives from another system to this new setup and trying to run it that way? You need to install the OS clean on it. I would start with downloading the Win 10 setup media, then remove all drives but the main boot one, install Windows on that from the setup media, good idea to wipe all existing partitions first. Make sure you have backups of your files and settings since this will wipe the drive. Once Windows is running, install all the drivers form the motherboard / video card support site. Shut off system, plug in the other drives and see if the system sees them.

Feb 12, 2019
Are you just plugging it the drives from another system to this new setup and trying to run it that way? You need to install the OS clean on it. I would start with downloading the Win 10 setup media, then remove all drives but the main boot one, install Windows on that from the setup media, good idea to wipe all existing partitions first. Make sure you have backups of your files and settings since this will wipe the drive. Once Windows is running, install all the drivers form the motherboard / video card support site. Shut off system, plug in the other drives and see if the system sees them.
I am sorry to insult your intelligence or ability to read, but is it that hard to spot me mentioning that none of them respond to anything. "HDDs arent spinning" and SSD isnt much different. How would I install anything if I cant access them?

Achaios

Honorable
BANNED
May 28, 2013
I am scratching my head here trying to figure out how could this have happened.

Scenario 1: User plugged the power cables into the wrong PSU power sockets. "You think it's a SATA power socket but it ain't".

Scenario 2: Motherboard fail. I 've always disliked MSI, but this is smt I've never even heard before. Wow.