Could my PSU handle A 750 ti's OC?

Solution
I would not trust it to begin with.
A 500watt power supply with only 16 amps or 192 watts available on the 12v line is absurd.
A very old design that is heavy on the 3.3 and 5v line.
Which means it probably has no protection circuits. When it dies it will most likely take out other components with it. I've had it happen to me years ago ,so I now only use Quality power supplies.
You really should replace it as soon as possible. And forget about overclocking until you do replace it.
I would not trust it to begin with.
A 500watt power supply with only 16 amps or 192 watts available on the 12v line is absurd.
A very old design that is heavy on the 3.3 and 5v line.
Which means it probably has no protection circuits. When it dies it will most likely take out other components with it. I've had it happen to me years ago ,so I now only use Quality power supplies.
You really should replace it as soon as possible. And forget about overclocking until you do replace it.

Solution

EnioFace

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015

thanks for replying!
would you recommend one? one that is able to OC my 750 ti and that is affordable? around 100$?

thanks again sir!

EnioFace

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015
thanks for replying sirs!

I have ran my current rig which is mentiod above for nearly 2 months now. I played bf4 with it at high-ultra settings at 1366x768. but I get random shutdowns from time to time ( like once in 2 weeks, i guess). So is it still safe for me to keep on playing? or should i buy one already? If so, can you recommend one? affordable but has quality please.

thanks in advance sirs!

The shut downs are most likely from your power supply running at its max output and becoming unstable.(not a good thing)
Since I do not know where you are located, and what is available in your market, I will post our reference thread.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Any power supply of 350 watts or greater in tier 1,2,or 3 will be enough to supply your system when overclocked. And have a little headroom so that it is not running at its max output.

If you can post websites that you can shop from. Or power supply models that are available in your area of the world, I or others can be a lot more specific.

EnioFace

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015

Sorry, sir. Thanks for the advise! Will keep in mind. :)

I'm from the Philippines btw. I will look up for power supplies at a local store and I'll give you an update on what they have available. Thanks again sir!

EnioFace

Honorable
Dec 22, 2015

Heey, sir

the only branded psu I found, that could fit my budget was this
http://pcx.com.ph/aerocool-vp-pro-500w.html

is this good enough for a 750 ti's overlock?

thanks in adavnce sir