Could not load jvm.dll

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
I'm having a problem trying to run an application on windows 10. I am getting the following error:

"Can't launch executable. Could not load jvm.dll"

IMG1
IMG2

I have no problem running this on my personal windows 10 machine though.

I've tried:

Running the program as an administrator
Running the program in compatibiltiy mode
Rebooting
Updating java to the same version that works on my machine
Changing the environmental variable path (though not sure I did this right)
Reinstalling using the recommended settings

among other things. Pulling my hair out trying to figure out why the jvm.dll won't load. And the jvm.dll file is there, I verified that it's in the proper folder. Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
To Fix The "Missing "server" JVM at `C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\server\jvm­­.dll'. Please install or use the JRE or JDK that contains these missing components. Press any key to continue . . "

follow the steps:

Go to oracle.com and install java jre7 (check not be installed java 6 plz)

After that go to C:/Program files/java/jre7/bin

Here create an folder called "Server" (without " ")

Now go into the C:/Program files/java/jre7/bin/client folder

COPY all data of this folder into the new C:/Program files/java/jre7/bin/Server

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18123144/missing-server-jvm-java-jre7-bin-server-jvm-dll

this is older advice so version numbers may have changed, as will folder ver numbers.

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Very odd development, I uninstalled all versions of Java on my machine but it still runs. Apparently the java needed is contained inside the program. Since I still get the "could not load JVM.dll" issue on the first computer, it has to be some sort of security setting blocking the jvm from running so either install a version of java so that you can go into the control panel and allow them to run or change the java security settings in the browser.

After doing a couple tinkers like that, now opening that source page gives me a "IE blocked this website from installing an ActiveX control". I clicked "Install" and it said this:

f490f27424262ba07039d2d9874da631.png

Ran through activeX settings in IE and that part continues at least...