Could somebody please analyse a minidump for me?

wowgert

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I am constantly getting bsod's and other annoying fatal errors that are causing my computer to crash. They generally occur whilst I am playing flash content or editing videos, but I haven't really been keeping track properly (I should've prob. wrote it down). Anyhow, usually the computer dies w/o showing me a bsod (or creating a minidump) but this time it did so I'd like to ask for your help to analyze the minidump file. Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?kmnjfmr1a3l08tf . My systems specs. are as follows:

Manufacturer:
Myself
Processor:
AMD Phenom II X4 840- 4 cores @ 3.2GHZ
Memory:
4 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
Hard Drive:
500 GB Western Digital Caviar Green
Video Card:
XFX Radeon 5670 775MHZ 1GB, 1.6GHZ GDDR3
Operating System:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 bit
Motherboard:
MSI 760GM-P35

Thanks in advance for your help. The crashes are starting to annoy me, they like to happen while I am working on something important that I haven't saved yet (thank you AutoRecover) any help to find the cause and hopefully a solution will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

I tried but could not retrieve your link of mini dump.
Try updating your video drivers ?

Hello There again - I checked all my security software, and found that
mediafire.com server where your link is stored is being blocked by the
hosts manager software I run. Your link is probably ok, but I will refrain from accessing it.

wowgert

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Stop code for the first BSOD is: 0x00000050, Second BSOD: 0x0000000a . After further crashes I can safely conclude that it only ever crashes when I'm viewing flash content such as YouTube videos. The problems are not restricted exclusively to BSODS, sometimes the computer just restarts, sometimes it freezes producing a noise and artifacts (? hard to describe ?) on the screen. BlueScreenView suggests ntoskrnl.exe is the culprit for the BSODS. I tried un-checking hardware acceleration in the adobe flash properties, I uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Shockwave and Adobe flash, as well as updating my video drivers and my codecs. Thank you very much for all your help.

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
0x0000000a: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL_TO

Both indicate possible memory issues, though I'd expect a MEMORY_MANAGMENT [0x1A] BSOD to eventually show up if that were the case. Not ruling out drivers yet though, especially since you indicated the issue mostly happens when using the GPU, so there is the potential for a GPU problem.

For now, I'd test each stick of RAM one at a time with memtest86 and make sure they all come back clean.

Also, ntoskrnl.exe is not the cuase of the problem; its simply the program [in this case, the Kernal itself] that ended up crashing as a result of the damage done.

wowgert

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I have two more BSOD's for you :( 0x0000003b and 0x0000007f . Unfortunately the errors are not limited to errors. Some times the screen tears and freezes, sometimes the computer just restarts. I can play video games w/o any crashes. But watching YouTube videos is a death wish. I'll run memtest later today as soon as I find the cd.