[SOLVED] Could someone explain the difference between these 1650s

Solution
ASUS is a little bigger physically due to the shroud design. Both have seemingly similar cooling performance, but these aren't huge cards either, only a single 6-pin power cable.

EVGA is rated at 1755Mhz boost clock, ASUS is rated at 1770Mhz. (Means nothing in practice, they will both run faster then this as long as temperature allows, and can overclock either with a few clicks)

ASUS is cheaper...

Personally a fan of EVGA, and I like the looks of this one better, looks sleeker. ASUS is a fine brand too though and I have had their cards in the past with no issues.

I don't think you will find reviews for these, would be interesting to have a noise comparison, but these are pretty low end so won't have much media coverage.

That said...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
ASUS is a little bigger physically due to the shroud design. Both have seemingly similar cooling performance, but these aren't huge cards either, only a single 6-pin power cable.

EVGA is rated at 1755Mhz boost clock, ASUS is rated at 1770Mhz. (Means nothing in practice, they will both run faster then this as long as temperature allows, and can overclock either with a few clicks)

ASUS is cheaper...

Personally a fan of EVGA, and I like the looks of this one better, looks sleeker. ASUS is a fine brand too though and I have had their cards in the past with no issues.

I don't think you will find reviews for these, would be interesting to have a noise comparison, but these are pretty low end so won't have much media coverage.

That said, for the money, consider buying a used card:

1660Ti seem to be going for about that much on Ebay, might be able to snag an RTX2060 if you are luckly. GTX 1070 also in that price range.

Reactions: krsensei21
Solution

krsensei21

Reputable
Oct 24, 2020

ASUS is cheaper...

That said, for the money, consider buying a used card:

1660Ti seem to be going for about that much on eBay, might be able to snag an RTX2060 if you are luckily. GTX 1070 also in that price range.

Thanks so much! Finally done now :D. Yeah I was going that route at first for a 1660ti but I decided to get a more reliable PSU an a better MB. Hopefully in future ill upgrade and then sell the 16050s. Thanks again I appreciate the help forum has been great helping me all day.