Could Someone Help Me out?

Xaelvik

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
I'm trying to pick out my first 4k gaming monitor. I'm trying to spend under $500, but I could go over if someone had a suggestion for why I should.

Getting one from Best Buy would be best for me, but if it would be much better to get it from some where else, I could.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/computer-monitors/4k-ultra-hd-monitors/pcmcat374100050017.c?id=pcmcat374100050017

Could anyone take a quick look and tell me which of the monitors from Best Buy would be best for a 4k gamer on a budget? I'll mainly be playing WoW, watching 4k movies, and some other RPG games (some FPS games, but not too many). I'm not planning on doing any super competitive or fast paced gaming.

Any help would be awesome.

Solution
Among the choices at Best Buy there is the LG27UD69P and the BL2711U from BenQ, both in your budget, 4K, 27" and IPS.

IPS is good for color reproduction, but neither of these is really going to be a professional grade monitor.

Best Buy online and the Best Buy stores often don't carry the same things. Typically you will see only one high end brand offering per store, usually Samsung.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
4K gaming and budget don't really go well together. Really will need a system spec to pick out a reasonable choice.

But for just multimedia and games you could get away with any of them really. A size you are looking for would be helpful as well.

Also what is your current monitor, need to know if you are used to TN or if IPS is desirable.

Xaelvik

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

I'm currently using an old HP TN 1080p monitor. I'll be using a 1080 graphics card. Is IPS a pretty large difference? Because I prefer "prettiness" over faster refresh (I don't expect get over 60 FPS in any game anyway).

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Among the choices at Best Buy there is the LG27UD69P and the BL2711U from BenQ, both in your budget, 4K, 27" and IPS.

IPS is good for color reproduction, but neither of these is really going to be a professional grade monitor.

Best Buy online and the Best Buy stores often don't carry the same things. Typically you will see only one high end brand offering per store, usually Samsung.

Solution