Question Could someone please recommend a desktop case that will fit any RTX 4090 card?

fordongreeman

Honorable
Nov 5, 2017
Could someone please recommend a desktop case that will fit any RTX 4090 card for around the $100-150 range?

Also, it must have dust filters, have a good build quality, and be from a reputable brand.

Colif

Win 11 Master
D

Deleted member 2838871

I have the Fractal Meshify 2... fits the 4090 with about 5 inches between it and the front fans.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Well I did have the Meshify 2 until I shattered the side panel the other night and couldn't fine a replacement anywhere on the planet. I thought about getting a piece made of glass or polycarb but I was like whatever... time for a new case.

I went with the MSI MPG Velox 100R and it's pretty nice... even has RGB fans and fits my 4090.

Colif

Win 11 Master
breaking a bit of TG is hardly a reason to avoid a case -- but I have helped someone before who didn't want TG in case it shattered.
I treat mine carefully when I take it off. So far so good.

D

Deleted member 2838871

breaking a bit of TG is hardly a reason to avoid a case -- but I have helped someone before who didn't want TG in case it shattered.
I treat mine carefully when I take it off. So far so good.

Looks like we had the same case... and I wasn't suggesting avoiding it. The Meshify S2 was a great case for 2+ years. I was just saying I shattered the side panel and couldn't find a replacement presumably because it's out of production so I went with a new case.

The new case has the TG side panel on a hinge so the chances of me breaking it are far less. :ROFLMAO:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Looks like we had the same case... and I wasn't suggesting avoiding it. The Meshify S2 was a great case for 2+ years. I was just saying I shattered the side panel and couldn't find a replacement presumably because it's out of production so I went with a new case.
they don't make S2 replacement glass. They have other cases but not that one. I looked a few years ago as I wouldn't mind clear tint, the dark tint changes the colors of all my RGB.

if i replaced case, I would get this one - https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/torrent/torrent/white-rgb-tg-clear-tint/ as nothing will over heat in it. Pretty sure a 4090 isn't over 423mm long... maybe not that color though white would be a nice change.

D

Deleted member 2838871

they don't make S2 replacement glass. They have other cases but not that one. I looked a few years ago as I wouldn't mind clear tint, the dark tint changes the colors of all my RGB.

if i replaced case, I would get this one - https://www.fractal-design.com/products/cases/torrent/torrent/white-rgb-tg-clear-tint/ as nothing will over heat in it. Pretty sure a 4090 isn't over 423mm long... maybe not that color though white would be a nice change.
Yeah apparently they used to make the replacement glass because I saw links to it... but not anymore. Nothing in stock anywhere.

I saw the Torrent on a Gamers Nexus case review... it was given the thumbs up... I just went with this one because it was in stock at my local Best Buy and also had favorable reviews.

So far so good.