Could this be possible...

Mason Methot

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
so this may not be the right thrwD but I figured I'd start here.

A buddy and I went to the junkyard and found an 86 riviera with the all incredible crt touch screen. We only picked up the screen and the cassette player. We don't know why. We don't know what to do with it.
For any electronically enhanced peoples, how can we convert this device to project screens from say like an old Nintendo and use it as a mini TV? Is it possible? Any thoughts on repurposing this thing?

Mason Methot

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
The screen has to have had some input ports to know what to display. It's just a matter of matching that input type
Think I'd be able to find a wiring diagram for it and maybe wire up some wire to the inputs? I know a lot of wires were hooked in but I wish i took them so I can figure out which were for displaying

phaelax

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2013
You'll have to identify the power and video wires. But if you think you're going to use the touch capability, you'll need a controller to process that unless you plan on designing your own (doable but wont be easy).

Mason Methot

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2015
You'll have to identify the power and video wires. But if you think you're going to use the touch capability, you'll need a controller to process that unless you plan on designing your own (doable but wont be easy).

We don't care about the touch screen portion. It'll stay with the device, but we are more interested in just projecting a video to it.
How we'd connect to the video and power wires we don't know we aren't exactly advanced, but we have a bit of knowledge.