Could you get returned hard drive from Amazon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I often buy computer accessories like portable hard drive, wireless mouse and keyboards on Amazon,
and I only buy anything shipped from and sold by Amazon services. I seldom make any returns but I
think with the friendly return and refund policy by Amazon it is possible that some people will
return their products for any reasons, even if it's opened or used. I don't believe that Amazon will
just throw the returned product away or put them into their secondhand line and sold as used
immediately. Does anyone know how Amazon or Walmart will handle returned products? Will
they test and investigate it seriously (even if it looks like new) to see if it's manipulated before repacking and shipping to
another customer?

USAFRet

Titan
I don't believe that Amazon will just throw the returned product away ...
https://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-is-destroying-unsold-products-2019-5
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-Amazon-destroys-millions-new-items-sell.html

Reactions: brannsiu

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
@Rogue Leader
@USAFRet

I asked similar questions on other discussion boards before, many of them commented that Amazon is not doing business to lose money so if anything returned just looked like new,
and the staff who handles it "feels" that it's new, then they will just put it on the shelf and sell it as new again, without too much investigation or testing, it sounds very convincing, what do you think?

USAFRet

Titan
@Rogue Leader
@USAFRet

I asked similar questions on other discussion boards before, many of them commented that Amazon is not doing business to lose money so if anything returned just looked like new,
and the staff who handles it "feels" that it's new, then they will just put it on the shelf and sell it as new again, without too much investigation or testing, it sounds very convincing, what do you think?
I'm quite sure that happens as well.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
@Rogue Leader
@USAFRet

If something is returned and the person says they just didn't want it and its not opened I'm sure it goes back. However if its been opened or used or whatever, theres no way Amazon is bothering to check it, its not worth it. They are just returning it to the manufacturer or writing it off.

Thats why a lot of times when you try to return something especially cheap things they say just keep it.

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
If something is returned and the person says they just didn't want it and its not opened I'm sure it goes back. However if its been opened or used or whatever, theres no way Amazon is bothering to check it, its not worth it. They are just returning it to the manufacturer or writing it off.

Thats why a lot of times when you try to return something especially cheap things they say just keep it.

Your view is mostly correct but one loophole is that a product that looks unopened
could still be opened and manipulated especially for product of high value. Opening
and resealing a box perfectly isn't rocket science.......

Yes, in most cases a consumer will open the package and check the products immediately but it is not about they are sending empty boxes back to Amazon,
they may be sending rip-off counterfeit products...Some folk will do it for money....

Status
Not open for further replies.