Question Could you help me choose a motherboard for the Ryzen 7800X3D please ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2024
Hello! Can you help me choose between these motherboards:
  • Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F
  • Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX
  • Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite AX V2
  • MSI Tomohawk Plus WiFi

For reference, this current build is for streaming/gaming/video editing, the video editing is professional but i dont go beyond anything 1080p, currently im slightly leaning towards the gigabyte tho i originally planned for asus, while researching i saw that asus was having quality issues from a couple months ago but i dont know if thats still going on, seems very hit or miss, "best board ive ever had" to ive had to rma my board 2 times, gigabyte seems to have bad audio codecs? tho i know i could probably get around with an amp but more money ;x; and for msi 1 mniute+ boot times and ive seen its really hit or miss. Also seems that there isnt much of a consensus, ive gotten so many mixed answers, its kinda overwhelming at this point.

Basically in a nutshell if you could share experiences, what you've heard etc i would really really appreciate it since this is the first time ive made just a huge expense so i want to try to make the best decision possible thank you in advance! (also if you have other recommendations from the ones listed lmk!) Thank you in advance!

Hey there,

Hmmm. They are all decent mobo's. Don't get too hung up on failure rates. All manufacturers have them. We only hear the bad stories mostly. In terms of quality, none of ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte would want to be renowned for low quality products. However, cost of more pricey mobo's often do mean slightly better components.

If it were me choosing, I'd prob go with the X670 Aorus Elite. It is an X670 mobo after all, and will have more features.

Go for which ever one is in your budget, and if that means the X670 then I'd go with that over the B650.

The Asus is an B650E, and so also has more features. Look out for the number of storage options. 2 x NVME, 6 SATA, maybe the IO too, with how many USB ports there for your peripherals. If cost is the overriding factor, then the Asus (if cheaper) Is a good option.

Then also, The MSI Tomahawk are very well reviewed. Another good mobo.

Some food for thought.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2024
Hey there,

Hmmm. They are all decent mobo's. Don't get to hung up on failure rates. All manufacturers have them. We only hear the bad storied mostly. In terms of quality, none of ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte would want to be renowned for low quality products. However, cost of more pricey mobo's often do mean slightly better components.

If it were me choosing, I'd prob go with the X670 Aorus Elite. It is an X670 mobo after all, and will have more features.

Go for which ever one is in your budget, and if that means the X670 then I'd go with that over the B650.

The Asus is an B650E, and so also has more features. Look out for the number of storage options. 2 x NVME, 6 SATA, maybe the IO too, with how many USB ports there for your peripherals. If cost is the overiding factor, then the Asus (if cheaper) Is a good option.

Then also, The MSI Tomahawk are very well reviewed. Another good mobo.

Some food for thought.
thank you for the amazing response, thats something ive come to realize how i was starting to get obsessive over the failure rate which every mobo seems to have to a degree, as of right now i think i might end going for the strix just cause it has a lot sound features that i like and it has a audio codec 4800 so thats pretty tempting while i know i could fix the sound issue with a DAC i would have to save up for a bit before that sadly ;x;

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Status
Not open for further replies.