Courts Stop MSFT Selling Old Windows in China

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerther

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
Weezer's Buddy Holly because it came bundled with Windows 95.
HAHAHA! Yeah! I've watched this so many times :D That and the other music video with that angry old woman that gets splashed by a car :p

"Good times, bad times every body get up!"

gpj

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
How can you copy protect "letters" from a language (which is essentially what a font is). The Chinese Government probably got the patent in Texas.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I think its Microsoft's attempt to make China stop buying Windows XP and move on to Windows 7. Its like "Hey we used your font in Windows '95, can you sue us for using your font in these Windows OS as well so we can stop selling them and not look like the bad guy?"

G

@Jerther:
It's "Good times, bad times, give me some of that." The song is "Good Times" by Edie Brickell.

Yeah, I used to think being able to watch videos on my PC like the ones on the Win95 CD was one of the greatest things since sliced bread. Of course the MPEG versions wouldn't even play until I upgraded my 486SX 25MHz with an Evergreen 133MHz in the co-processor slot XD

G

"and Weezer's Buddy Holly because it came bundled with Windows 95."

Haha yeah I remember watching that. That was soo long ago.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]gpj[/nom]How can you copy protect "letters" from a language (which is essentially what a font is). The Chinese Government probably got the patent in Texas.[/citation]
You can copyright any font you create because fonts are a form of art. In fact it's a rather old and very lucrative business, and there are many companies entirely devoted to creating and licensing fonts. "Times New Roman" is copyrighted, for example.

ch42832n

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2003
China's count decision won't make a dent in MSFT profit because everyone is using bootleg copy of MS windows in China...

Status
Not open for further replies.