[SOLVED] Cpu 100% bottleneck ?

Brendon_Austin

Commendable
Jan 1, 2020
I have a Asus b450-k, ryzen 3 3200g, 8gb 300mhz 1 stick of ram, 240gb ssd 500gb hdd
My problem here is that when i play fortnite my cpu stays at 100% in game and i cant play and it doesnt load the buildings and it stutters a lot. I have seen videos that people play 1080p and there are no problems but this issue hapens to me at 720p.
Is there a problem to my cpu or the game ?

Solution
I have a Asus b450-k, ryzen 3 3200g, 8gb 300mhz 1 stick of ram, 240gb ssd 500gb hdd
My problem here is that when i play fortnite my cpu stays at 100% in game and i cant play and it doesnt load the buildings and it stutters a lot. I have seen videos that people play 1080p and there are no problems but this issue hapens to me at 720p.

Well you are trying to run with only 1 stick of ram - that will kill the gpu performance of your APU. I would suggest you invest in a second stick of memory to bring it up to 2 x 8gb, that will allow your machine to run in 'Dual Channel' mode which doubles memory performance (which will greatly increase the performance of your on chip graphics).

Note...

Well you are trying to run with only 1 stick of ram - that will kill the gpu performance of your APU. I would suggest you invest in a second stick of memory to bring it up to 2 x 8gb, that will allow your machine to run in 'Dual Channel' mode which doubles memory performance (which will greatly increase the performance of your on chip graphics).

Note that you need to buy a matching stick of memory to the one you already have to make sure they will work together in dual channel mode (i.e. same make and model number if possible).

Edit: Here is a video comparing Vega 8 graphics performance (same gpu your chip has) when using single and dual channel ram:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdmDzFDQC9g

Note the cpu in this is the slightly older 2200g, so if anything your chip should be a bit faster when properly configured

Solution
Buying the same make and model reduces the chances of issues but there is a chance of issues. Only RAM bought as a matched kit is guaranteed to to work together. Yes I have had first hand experience once of trying to mix exact same make and model bought separately and having stability issues. It’s probably a low % chance of issues but it can happen.

Dual chanel would help me but im runing into a problem that my cpu side is capped at 100% and the gpu mostly at 70-80%

What are your cpu temps when gaming, what are the clock speeds? . Most games need at least 8gb or ram to run but in your machine you have 8gb shared between the cpu and gpu, that isn't going to be helping much.

Final point is it's pretty normal to get 100% cpu usage on a 4 core 4 thread processor these days in modern games - 4 cores is the bare minimum needed.

I'm guessing your cpu could be running hot though and down clocking which would limit performance. It might also be worth checking to see if you have anything running in the background as any extra load on that machine will hurt performance. Final thought is check that your bios is up to date.

Brendon_Austin

Commendable
Jan 1, 2020
I might be thermal throtling or very close to because i have overclocked gpu memory 1600mhz and gpu speed to 1600mhz (idk if they are the same) and cpu to 4ghz and i have the latest bios

I might be thermal throtling or very close to because i have overclocked gpu memory 1600mhz and gpu speed to 1600mhz (idk if they are the same) and cpu to 4ghz and i have the latest bios
Your GPU memory is the RAM in your system itself, on board graphics don't have dedicated VRAM. Your RAM is probably running at 3200 MHz, hence the 1600 MHz memory speed(DDR4 speeds are often reported as half the actual speed, as DDR is Double Data Rate so 1600 MHz is effectively 3200 MHz in actual speed).

P.S: Agree with the recommendation of getting another stick of RAM, dual channel helps with Ryzen CPU's performance significantly, and 8 GB shared between system and GPU is also probably a problem.