[SOLVED] CPU 100% when playing Borderlands 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2020
So my cpu is an Intel Core i3 9100, even with graphics on the lowest settings and FPS limited to 60, the game freezes just when the battles are getting good. I am willing to upgrade my CPU but would love to know if there are any fixes for this that I could do in the meantime. Any feedback would be much appreciated, Thank so much.

Solution
Lowering settings INCREASES the demand on the CPU, it doesn't lower it. Raising the settings lowers the CPU usage, because it takes the graphics card longer to do it's thing before handing it off to the CPU.

What graphics card are you running and at what resolution?
Lowering settings INCREASES the demand on the CPU, it doesn't lower it. Raising the settings lowers the CPU usage, because it takes the graphics card longer to do it's thing before handing it off to the CPU.

What graphics card are you running and at what resolution?

Solution
Alas, four cores and four threads are really just not cutting it any more...; try to find an i7-8700 or 9700. (If your mainboard supports a 9900K, they have been on sale recently, if $399 can be considered 'on sale', but, do indeed require a decent cooler )

For the cost of a 9900K, one could pretty much get a 3800X and a mainboard...

Status
Not open for further replies.