Question CPU AIO COOLER HELP

Jun 26, 2024
i just got a new cpu cooler and i finished plugging everything in except the pump SATA cable. i’ve scoured the whole motherboard for a connector and checked the power supply for a cable and don’t have one.. what can i do… if i turn it on will it be fine ? how can i get this connected

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
i just got a new cpu cooler and i finished plugging everything in except the pump SATA cable. i’ve scoured the whole motherboard for a connector and checked the power supply for a cable and don’t have one.. what can i do… if i turn it on will it be fine ? how can i get this connected

A little confused here; every modern PSU has a number of SATA power connectors. What exact hardware are we talking about here? Both cooler and CPU.

i just got a new cpu cooler and i finished plugging everything in except the pump SATA cable.
what can i do… if i turn it on will it be fine ?
No. It doesn't work without power.

Find the connector coming from PSU.

If indeed there is no free sata power connector available, then
you can get it from existing sata power connector (connected to HDD/SSD) with appropriate adapter.

700x700

Jun 26, 2024
A little confused here; every modern PSU has a number of SATA power connectors. What exact hardware are we talking about here? Both cooler and CPU.
cooler is a kraken elite 360 and cpu is a 12000ks . i got it prebuilt and the only cords coming from the power supply are for the motherboard , gpu and another to the motherboard.. got the kraken since i thought oh it’ll be a quick hour fix nd now ima be stuck for a day or two

Jun 26, 2024

you can get it from existing sata power connector (connected to HDD/SSD) with appropriate adapter.

700x700

700x700
this one should work no ? direct power from PSU and multiple connectors just in case i need em
https://www.amazon.com/Huasheng-Pow...qid=1719379067&sprefix=6+pin+,aps,154&sr=8-19

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
If that is the PSU you have, maybe. Not sure I trust a random company to make a decent cable.

If that isn't the PSU you have, then no, not all PSU cables are made the same.

If this was a pre-built, you should have been supplied with all the modular cables the PSU came with. If not, they owe you a cable set.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Jun 26, 2024
That cable is compatible with EVGA 1000 GQ only.
If your PSU model is different, then this cable is not compatible.

Using wrong modular PSU cables will damage/kill devices connected.
the same with a off branded one ? i just got one and yeaaa didn’t even let my computer turn on

TRENDING THREADS