Giras

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
hello i need hlp about upgrade my cpu air cooler if u guys have at least few models it would be awesome , i try even dh 15 but it seems not compatible in systembuilder with my setup :((
at startmy h7 was ok but now with ryzen it seems going temp more up 45-55 idle so i want with new setup new cooler

my spec atm
R5 3600 + h7 2 years old
ddr4 kingston hyperx 16gb (2x8) clearence is what i saw 4.12
rx 5700 xt Rd
thermaltake view27 i read max is 155
masterwatt 650

Solution
You don't actually need to replace the current cooler. You are but one of many being caught off guard by Ryzen 3000's behavior - it is different front both Intel and the older Ryzens.
The high idle temps are normal. The cpu is automatically boosting to it's max frequency on lighter loads across just a couple of threads, as opposed to Intel spreading across all.

Load temps won't change much either, because the cpu also tries to do the same depending on thermal headroom.

I suggest testing case airflow: Run the PC with the front and side panels off.
How much do the idle and load temps change, if at all?
What's the frequency of the cpu with the panels off and on?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You don't actually need to replace the current cooler. You are but one of many being caught off guard by Ryzen 3000's behavior - it is different front both Intel and the older Ryzens.
The high idle temps are normal. The cpu is automatically boosting to it's max frequency on lighter loads across just a couple of threads, as opposed to Intel spreading across all.

Load temps won't change much either, because the cpu also tries to do the same depending on thermal headroom.

I suggest testing case airflow: Run the PC with the front and side panels off.
How much do the idle and load temps change, if at all?
What's the frequency of the cpu with the panels off and on?

Solution