[SOLVED] CPU and GPU almost never more than 50% utilized

Sep 22, 2020
My pc specs are: RX 560 2gb, Athlon x4 950 and 8gb DDR4 ram
I should be able to play Path Of Exile on 1600x900 resolution without lag or alteast i thought so, problem is game is always on 40-50 fps and thats kinda okay but when many enemys encounter me game just freeze for few seconds, the thing is cpu and gpu are always around 40% utilized both when my fps is above 60 and when its 3, game is installed on HDD, would installing it on SSD maybe fix things?

Solution
Be careful how you interpret task manager cpu utilizations.
Windows will spread the activity of a single thread over all available threads.
So, if you had a game that was single threaded and cpu bound, it would show up on a quad core processor as 25%
utilization across all 4 threads.
leading you to think your bottleneck was elsewhere.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Those specs are recommended for this game;

Rule i go by, is treat recommended as minimum and improve on that if want to enjoy a particular game.

Time to upgrade 🙂

An ssd + another 8gb ram would probably help but that's spending more money on an old platform that could go towards a new system.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2020
Those specs are recommended for this game;

Rule i go by, is treat recommended as minimum and improve on that if want to enjoy a particular game.

Time to upgrade 🙂

An ssd + another 8gb ram would probably help but that's spending more money on an old platform that could go towards a new system.
My pc meet recommended system req, and i run game on lowest settings, i asked if u know why isnt my cpu and gpu working on 100% when im not getting 60 fps

Be careful how you interpret task manager cpu utilizations.
Windows will spread the activity of a single thread over all available threads.
So, if you had a game that was single threaded and cpu bound, it would show up on a quad core processor as 25%
utilization across all 4 threads.
leading you to think your bottleneck was elsewhere.

Solution