Jun 4, 2017
PC specs:
Asus PRIME A320m-K
Ryzen 5 1600 AF
16 Gb 3000mhz G-kill Aegis
RX 5500XT 8 Gb
1 Tb HDD + 256 Gb SSD
600W BeQuiet! System Power 9 PSU

I mostly play Battlefield 5 and as the Title says im getting low fps but cpu and gpu are not getting used to their full potential.
Before you ask BIOS, and all other drivers are updated regularly.

View: https://imgur.com/Uwzm3Ma

This is on Ultra settings 1080p, on low its more consistent fps.

Edit: Added motherboard

Last edited:
Solution
Looking around online, the CPU usage appears normal. Of the sample size I saw on YouTube, most of them were floating around 60-75% CPU utilization. Most games can't fully saturate a 12 thread processor.

As for GPU utilization, it may be because you're running in DX11 mode. AMD cards have a harder time being utilized fully in DX11 because all of the graphics pre-processing the CPU does happens on a single thread.

Lutfij

Titan
Right, when people say they're on the latest BIOS, it's usually followed by the version of the BIOS that you're on so we can confirm that you are indeed on the latest BIOS. Which OS version are you on? Did you make sure to reinstall your chipset(and all other) drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? Use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and reinstall with the latest off of AMD's support site in the same elevated command.

You forgot to mention the make and model of your motherboard and the make and models of your storage. You might want to also see if the SSD is pending any firmware updates.

Stefan_65

Reputable
Jun 4, 2017
I dont know how but i did forget the motherboard Its an Asus PRIME A320M-K, Bios: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 5603, 10/14/2020 (copy pasted from system info), The OS is Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042, the SSD Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010. The chipset drivers i installed with the AMD autodetect tool where it install all the necessary drivers. Also the games are all on the HDD

Last edited:
Looking around online, the CPU usage appears normal. Of the sample size I saw on YouTube, most of them were floating around 60-75% CPU utilization. Most games can't fully saturate a 12 thread processor.

As for GPU utilization, it may be because you're running in DX11 mode. AMD cards have a harder time being utilized fully in DX11 because all of the graphics pre-processing the CPU does happens on a single thread.

Solution

Stefan_65

Reputable
Jun 4, 2017

So what you're saying is that that's all the performance im gonna get out of these parts, also im on dx11 because dx12 makes the games stutter a lot