CPU and GPU quality

brandon_daugherty

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
When I play CS:GO with 1-4 players in the server I get 300 fps, but when more people join, 10 or more, my fps drops below 200. Is this caused by the extra load on the CPU? I can't imagine it would have anything to do with graphics being that they are not even on my screen. Would like to get a constant 300 fps.

brandon_daugherty

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
I have 144hz monitor and I dont need to get into the topic of how fast your eyes can see :D I can tell a difference between 200 and 300 fps. Just as I could tell the difference between 60 and 100 in cs1.6. I know some might not agree, but there is a noticeable difference. The only time it becomes a problem is during gunfights and recoil control. Any other time it doesnt matter.

brandon_daugherty

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
even with the old 60hz crt's there was a difference between 60 and 100. and the same goes for 200 and 300. Thats besides the point though. It was more out of curiosity of why I am loosing the fps considering there is no extra load on my GPU when this happens. Kind of just a "benchmark" if I can gain performance here I'm sure the same would happen in 50fps DayZ. Was basically wondering if my CPU is struggling. I have 24down and 1up. Same happened when I had 50down and 15up. (win7, i5 2320, geforce 760)

brandon_daugherty

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
will do. side question. What do you think about the quality difference between frontier dsl 14down 1up and comcast cable 50down 15up as far as gaming? I've heard rumors that comcasts high speed are just a boost and it's not really constant and that cable can slow down in peek hours vs dsl is a direct to the house. any thoughts?

Unless things have changed, cable is up and down in terms of top speed because it's a shared network. When everyone in the neighborhood gets home from work or school and gets online, you'll notice speed drops where dsl you won't. Sometimes cable is blazing fast but at it's worst it can be like dialup. It will fluctuate based on where you live, how many users etc etc. It also depends on lag, from my experience even low end dsl is much more responsive due to less lag than cable internet I've experienced. So long as cable is working properly, it can be faster. If I had the choice I'd opt for dsl but it depends on what speed packages are available and would also depends on whether it's adsl, sdsl, vdsl.

brandon_daugherty

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
ya that's why I went from cable to dsl. I was getting really weird delays and the were long delays. The 1m upload still makes me wonder. Wish I could get more. I live in a small town probably not the best quality and wish we could get fios.

brandon_daugherty

Reputable
Feb 15, 2014
Unigine Valley Benchmark 1.0

FPS:
Score:
Min FPS:
Max FPS:
System

Platform:
Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit
CPU model: