Question CPU and GPU Temp under load

Sep 24, 2019
Hello,

I built my PC a month ago and decided to start looking at my temp. I could see that under load my CPU (AMD Rysen 5 2600) peaks at 70 °C and my GPU ( Radeon RX580) peaks at around 74°C. Was just wondering if
temperatures are normal and if they will cause any damage to my components.

Thanks in advanced, Badankydank

512-Bit

Reputable
Apr 17, 2019
For the ryzen processor, yes. That is fairly normal temperature. No need to be alarmed.
The 580, though, is a tad bit worrying. I doubt it will be damaged at 74 c tho.
Does your case have good airflow?

Sep 24, 2019
Perfectly normal. Nothing to worry about.

The CPU can go up to 95c technically, but most people keep it below 80c.

I don't agree with 512-Bit. 74c for the GPU is fine too. They can go up to 90c and not have any ill effect.
So anything below 80 is good for my RX580, I won't get any damage?

Also, for generall cooling, my pc case only has slots (i think) for two top fans and one back, how should I configure the fans (inlet/outlet)?

Thanks in advanced

So anything below 80 is good for my RX580, I won't get any damage?

Also, for generall cooling, my pc case only has slots (i think) for two top fans and one back, how should I configure the fans (inlet/outlet)?

Thanks in advanced

None, whatsoever. Nor will it decrease the lifespan of your card. Even if the card went up to 85-90, as long as there is no throttling, then the temp is fine. They are designed to operate at high temps for extended gaming sessions. What

Are there no front fans?

You may have to just manage it a little by having those fans installed. If you have an upward facing cooler, the top fans should do fine. Ideally having some at the front sucking in ambient air over the mobo and cooler and then exhausting out the top and rear. Maybe consider another case. I wouldn't worry about it too much, if your CPU/GPU temps are where expected, as they are.

What exact model RX580 is it? Does it have two fans or three?