Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3060 Gaming OC Rev 1
RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 3200MHz
PSU: Be Quiet Pure Power 11 FM 750W Power Supply, 80+ Gold
MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite V2, AMD, Socket AM4
CPU Cooler: Coolermaster ML120L V2 RGB

These temps are recorded thru HWINFO after a game on faceit csgo. ( settings used in-game everything low + 4:3 Streched res )

My questions is, are these temps okay or is there a problem with the way I set up the PC or the thermal paste.

PS. The GPU is a used one ( 1,5 Years ) light usage in gaming. Mostly sat idle according to him. REV 1.0 version
Wasn't used in mining nor any hard load in general. Everything else is brand new.

The gpu's performance is excellent and I havent personally noticed any flaws with it altho its a used one its in great condition.

l2q0403oy3qa1.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
nsvyykvny3qa1.png

Solution
Alright thanks a lot for the help, so the temps are within safe limits from what I'm getting now correct? Also should it be wise to upgrade to a 2 or 3 fan radiator
It probably wouldn't help with your CSGO gaming temps but if you do video transcoding or other similar intensive all-core CPU tasks the sustained heat output of the CPU will saturate the small water volume of that 120mm radiator. But probably no more than a 2 fan unit. Although a 3 fan unit mounted in the front of the case, drawing cool outside air through it with fans arranged as they are now would fit nicely and only help it.
My questions is, are these temps okay or is there a problem with the way I set up the PC or the thermal paste.
The CPU temperatures isn't exactly a problem as it's Tjmax is 90C and AMD has said it can run that hot when pushed hard. But that doesn't mean it has to be that hot and it could definitely be better since gaming shouldn't push it that hard.

A couple things could be at play here: first is a 120mm AIO isn't giving it much radiator for cooling. But also, if the fan arrangement means the GPU's hot exhaust is being drawn through it to the outside you're just using the GPU to heat up the CPU.

A simple test is to open up the side covers of your case and put a fan blowing cool air into the bottom of your GPU. If both GPU and CPU temperatures go down considerably in the same gaming scenario than you need to re-arrange your fan layouts. The principal is this: an AIO works best if it's drawing cool outside air across the radiator and you also need a path for air to get to the intakes of the GPU.

It would also help to tell us what your case is and fan layouts.

NinomotoMovies

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
Well I got 3 fans in the front bringing cool air in ( these are deepcool 120L fans) I got the CPU cooler as exhaust on the back side of the pc and 2 fans removing air from the case under the gpu I will show u in pics below

My case is AeroCool Cylon which is not that good from what I read ( after I bought it in terms of airflow )

Should I perhaps switch case? PS these temps were before I installed these new fans 5 Deepcool 120L fans I will run another test and send you the results

338439497_997696938281034_4231770558748910448_n.jpg

338507832_924362365434709_1274865876476976152_n.jpg

338571224_180298927696457_5909804437545828759_n.jpg

NinomotoMovies

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
The CPU temperatures isn't exactly a problem as it's Tjmax is 90C and AMD has said it can run that hot when pushed hard. But that doesn't mean it has to be that hot and it could definitely be better since gaming shouldn't push it that hard.

A couple things could be at play here: first is a 120mm AIO isn't giving it much radiator for cooling. But also, if the fan arrangement means the GPU's hot exhaust is being drawn through it to the outside you're just using the GPU to heat up the CPU.

A simple test is to open up the side covers of your case and put a fan blowing cool air into the bottom of your GPU. If both GPU and CPU temperatures go down considerably in the same gaming scenario than you need to re-arrange your fan layouts. The principal is this: an AIO works best if it's drawing cool outside air across the radiator and you also need a path for air to get to the intakes of the GPU.

It would also help to tell us what your case is and fan layouts.

these are new temps after fan setup

CPU: mind that csgo is a CPU intense game.

334913532_6214971888567414_6925770982496576843_n.png

GPU TEMPS :

337022981_965719558121581_7900135718718428185_n.png

these are new temps after fan setup

CPU: mind that csgo is a CPU intense game.
It seems to have improved the GPU as the max hotspot temp is in the 70's now. But many max temps are also short duration spikes that are hard to cool. I'd look at the average temp through a gaming session (hit the reset clock icon at the bottom, game a while, then check the average). The same works with the CPU temps.

CSGO may be CPU intensive but it's not really all THAT intensive. Not like an all-core video rendering, for instance, that uses a lot of AVX instructions. Still, it's a bursty workload that can make the CPU spike temperatures very briefly as it boosts a core to max clocks so that's likely what you're seeing there.

What can help with that is PBO Curve Optimer which lowers the voltage needed on a per-core basis. You can't just undervolt to do that as it breaks the boost algorithm while CO undervolting works with the boost algorithm. There are a number of youtube videos on doing that with 5800X's.

NinomotoMovies

Honorable
Jan 5, 2017
It seems to have improved the GPU as the max hotspot temp is in the 70's now. But many max temps are also short duration spikes that are hard to cool. I'd look at the average temp through a gaming session (hit the reset clock icon at the bottom, game a while, then check the average). The same works with the CPU temps.

CSGO may be CPU intensive but it's not really all THAT intensive. Not like an all-core video rendering, for instance, that uses a lot of AVX instructions. Still, it's a bursty workload that can make the CPU spike temperatures very briefly as it boosts a core to max clocks so that's likely what you're seeing there.

What can help with that is PBO Curve Optimer which lowers the voltage needed on a per-core basis. You can't just undervolt to do that as it breaks the boost algorithm while CO undervolting works with the boost algorithm. There are a number of youtube videos on doing that with 5800X's.
Alright thanks a lot for the help, so the temps are within safe limits from what I'm getting now correct? Also should it be wise to upgrade to a 2 or 3 fan radiator

It probably wouldn't help with your CSGO gaming temps but if you do video transcoding or other similar intensive all-core CPU tasks the sustained heat output of the CPU will saturate the small water volume of that 120mm radiator. But probably no more than a 2 fan unit. Although a 3 fan unit mounted in the front of the case, drawing cool outside air through it with fans arranged as they are now would fit nicely and only help it.

Solution