[SOLVED] cpu and gpu usage question

Mar 25, 2021
is it normal for cpu2 to get up to 100% while playing fortnite because i am just testing out and my cpu 2 rose to 100% also i have been experiencing just laggy perforamnce my cpu is 1800x
uOdOubI.png
fArCUsd.png

Solution
yes the game is on a raid 0 ssd my frames drops to round from 240 to 76 and then comes baack in this sec that it drops the game feels extremly laggy
Check your computer's "POWER PLAN", simply type POWER PLAN in the windows search bar and select the "choose power plan option" (it can also be found in control panel > hardware and sound > power options). If you're on 'balanced mode', switch it to 'high performance'.
That's normal, the CPU thread being utilized heavily that is. Fortnite is known to heavily utilize 1-2 cores more than evenly distributing the workload over all cores. If you're system is lagging it's probably a hard drive load bottleneck, is the game on an SSD or HDD? If on HDD it's possible it's not loading the data fast enough and thus the slight stutter. It could also be a GPU issue, try updating your video card drivers if they are not up to date.

Mar 25, 2021
That's normal, the CPU thread being utilized heavily that is. Fortnite is known to heavily utilize 1-2 cores more than evenly distributing the workload over all cores. If you're system is lagging it's probably a hard drive load bottleneck, is the game on an SSD or HDD? If on HDD it's possible it's not loading the data fast enough and thus the slight stutter. It could also be a GPU issue, try updating your video card drivers if they are not up to date.
yes the game is on a raid 0 ssd my frames drops to round from 240 to 76 and then comes baack in this sec that it drops the game feels extremly laggy

Check your computer's "POWER PLAN", simply type POWER PLAN in the windows search bar and select the "choose power plan option" (it can also be found in control panel > hardware and sound > power options). If you're on 'balanced mode', switch it to 'high performance'.

Solution