Question Cpu And Gpu Usage

True Killa

Reputable
Apr 28, 2019
I just bought the Evga XC Ultra 2070 And my cpu is a i7 8700(Non K) and im trying to play rust but somehow my frames are either the same or just lower than my prior evga 6g 1060.
I dont think its being bottle necked altough sometimes my cpu and gpu usage are similar but my cpu never goes up to 99% but my gpu doesnt even go up to anywhere near 60%

List your FULL PC specs. Which PSU do you actually have ? Are you using Windows 10 OS ? Are you gaming on 1080p, or 2K screen resolution ? What's the system RAM configuration on this PC ? How many sticks of memory modules are installed, and what's the frequency.

I"m asking all this, because RUST heavily depends on the system RAM. This game has also been plagued by "Memory Leak" issues. It's mostly GPU-intensive, but requires a decent CPU as well.

How do all other games perform ?

Last edited:

True Killa

Reputable
Apr 28, 2019
List your FULL PC specs. Which PSU do you actually have ? Are you using Windows 10 OS ? Are you gaming on 1080p, or 2K screen resolution ? What's the system RAM configuration on this PC ? How many sticks of memory modules are installed, and what's the frequency.

I"m asking all this, because RUST heavily depends on the system RAM. This game has also been plagued by "Memory Leak" issues. It's mostly GPU-intensive, but requires a decent CPU as well.

How do all other games perform ?
i7 8700(Non k)
Evga Rtx 2070 XC Ultra
16 gb Of G.Skill TridentZ Rgb
250 Gb Samsung nvme m.2 ssd
2TB Barracuda HDD
1TB WD HDD
Corsair 850 Silver i think
This was built by me

My other games do well just to test some ones how i tried Call Of Duty WW2 and i maxed it out it did welli was getting over the 100's and my gpu was at 80% or higher my cpu was around 40-50 ish