[SOLVED] CPU and motherboard

Aug 24, 2019
Hello. I tried to look up to it but I couldn't find a solution. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to hardware and I'd like some help. I would like to get i7 9700 but I'm not sure if my motherboard is good for it. I have M32CD4-K motherboard. Once it says its good and once it says its not good. I have 1070ti gpu and i5 7400 cpu so I would like to upgrade, I am just not sure if i7 9700 fits on my motherboard. Can anyone help me out? If it doesn't fit, could you recommend me some good motherboards for that cpu.
Thank you, Antonio.

Solution
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Isn't this a laptop motherboard?

If so you'll probably find the CPU is soldered onto the motherboard anyway - you can verify this in your motherboard manual as not all laptops do, but most of them do.

Either way, that's a 6th and 7th generation board, not 8th or 9th generation.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Isn't this a laptop motherboard?

If so you'll probably find the CPU is soldered onto the motherboard anyway - you can verify this in your motherboard manual as not all laptops do, but most of them do.

Either way, that's a 6th and 7th generation board, not 8th or 9th generation.

Last edited:
Solution

Mcleese902

Great
May 19, 2019
Hello. I tried to look up to it but I couldn't find a solution. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to hardware and I'd like some help. I would like to get i7 9700 but I'm not sure if my motherboard is good for it. I have M32CD4-K motherboard. Once it says its good and once it says its not good. I have 1070ti gpu and i5 7400 cpu so I would like to upgrade, I am just not sure if i7 9700 fits on my motherboard. Can anyone help me out? If it doesn't fit, could you recommend me some good motherboards for that cpu.
Thank you, Antonio.

A great service/tool to utilize when searching for compatible hardware is pcpartpicker.com