Question CPU and RAM EZ Debug lights came on after running Windows Update ?

yancar

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2013
I built a new rig about 8 months ago, everything was running fine until today. Last night when I was shutting down the PC it prompted me to run Windows Update so I opted for update and shutdown. When I got home from work today, my PC was still running and both CPU and RAM EZ Debug lights were lit up.

I tried many things now, such as:

• Pulled CMOS battery
  • Moved RAM around
  • Checked connections
  • Checked the AIO

I have yet to reseat th CPU because I currently don't have any thermal paste. I am baffled as to what is going on, everything was working fine. I did notice that the system would crash and RAM debug would really trip out if it was set to anything higher then 5600mhz or if it was set to AMP or EXPO profiles. So I always manually set it to 5600 and didn't have problems. I have never overclocked or played with voltage in any way. Figured I would come here for suggestions before submitting a warranty claim. BIOS is latest version.

System specs
MBD: MSI B650 Tomahawk WiFi
CPU: Ryzen 9 7900X3D
GPU: RTX 4070
RAM: 32GB Delta T-Force 6000mhz DDR5 @ 5600mhz
AIO: Cooler Master 360mm
PSU: 850W
SSD: 1TB NVMe

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
PSU: 850W
850W is the advertised wattage of the unit. What is the make and model of the unit?

AIO: Cooler Master 360mm
Coolermaster have a number of AIO's in their portfolio. Which one do you have? Try and relieve the mounting pressure on your cooler's mount.

I have yet to reseat th CPU because I currently don't have any thermal paste.

You should look into getting thermal paste as soon as possible.

1024.png

Your motherboard has a BIOS Flash Button on the rear, use steps outlined in your manual;
https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/MAGB650TOMAHAWKWIFI.pdf
page 55. See if reflashing the BIOS helps revive your platform.