CPU at 100% when running games

Kevin_161

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Just today my CPU has started running at 100% when running games. 2 days ago it was just fine and the only thing I think i've done is add more ram. When running any game my CPU will automatically jump and my temps will hit 80-83. Not really sure what the issue is, also today when i started my pc my screen kept flashing on and off then randomly restarted my pc. Not sure if that is related or helps.

Games that I test and ran at 100%:
Overwatch
Speedrunners
Slimerancher
(also seemed to be happening when I opened big picture mode on steam)

SPECS:
i7 7700k
16 GB ddr4 2400 RAM
gtx 1070 8G GAMING X
MSI m5 motherboard
coolermaster evo 212

(forgot to mention, just today as well I no longer have the sleep button located next to the shutdown and restart button)

Solution
Perhaps there was something running in the background, like Windows update or some other application updating in the background. You never know when Windows decides it's time for an update!

Kevin_161

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks Shektron, I did that when the issue initially arose, but it seems to have fixed itself after restarting my computer. Which is strange because my pc restarted once before like I stated above, so I didn't think it would help. Maybe my PC booted up wrong, but thanks for the quick reply! Seems there is not issue apparently. Although it would be nice to know why all this happened.