Question Cpu at 100c

May 29, 2022
I recently noticed the the light on my motherboard for the CPU had turned on however I'm not sure what's wrong. I thought it could have been the aio but i can hear it pushing water. I thought it could have been the thermal paste and changed it. I'm not sure what it can be. It's this temperature when I'm not even doing anything. The minute I turn my pc on it gets to that temperature between 90c 100c.

Cpu: Intel I7-8700K 3.7GHz

MotherBoard: ASUS ROG STRIX B360-H GAMING

Gpu: msi 3070

Ram: Vengeance LPX (2 x 8GB) 3000MHz

Aio Cooler: Nzxt Kraken M22

Psu: Evga 750w B2 Bronze

YOu may hear a pump 'buzzing' or gurgling, but, that does not mean the internal microfins that distribute the water to absorb the heat are not clogged with assorted gunk deposits, or, that the pump has not simply failed. (If one tube is very warm, and the other is basically cold...the pump is not pumping. (it's just a radiator, not a chilling unit...; a radiator does not chill fluid in a pass from 60c thru a radiator to room temp)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's likely that same crap with Msi's MAG & MPG Coreliquid AIOs.
Apaltek-made models have an issue with contaminated coolant, and clogging up much earlier than they should be...

Or it's just dead - don't know how long you've had it after all.

May 29, 2022
YOu may hear a pump 'buzzing' or gurgling, but, that does not mean the internal microfins that distribute the water to absorb the heat are not clogged with assorted gunk deposits, or, that the pump has not simply failed. (If one tube is very warm, and the other is basically cold...the pump is not pumping. (it's just a radiator, not a chilling unit...; a radiator does not chill fluid in a pass from 60c thru a radiator to room temp)

I left my pc on for a while and checked the tubes and you are right. A portion of the bottom tube was extremely hot but on a small area. Looks like I need to get a new cpu cooler. However, if that wasn't the issue and the light still persist I will be back. (y)