Question CPU at 50 degrees celsius at idle (help)

Jul 9, 2020
Is this normal? I load into bios and my cpu temperature reads at 49-50 degrees celsius. Just installed the cpu. Its a ryzen 7 3700x. Motherboard is at 38 degrees celsius

poorbugger

Distinguished
I just looked up ambient temperature. Sorry again. I would say my room is warm. Its probably 75 degrees Fahrenheit in my room. I downloaded hwmonitor. And my cpu temp goes from 48-57 celsius alot
That's not that warm. Generally, 50C idle isnt a big deal with the 3700x. Try running aida 64, prime95 or cinebench (not all at once) and see what is the maximum temperature it reaches. Also, are you using the stock cooler?

Reactions: MaskedVillian1312
Jul 9, 2020
That's not that warm. Generally, 50C idle isnt a big deal with the 3700x. Try running aida 64, prime95 or cinebench (not all at once) and see what is the maximum temperature it reaches. Also, are you using the stock cooler?
Yes im using the stock cooler that came with the cpu. And sorry for asking, but how do I view my temperature during cinebench? Could I use hwmonitor for that? Ryzen master no longer works for me for whatever reason.

And ryzen master doesnt work anymore for me. I tried opening it after installing and it said cpu not supported, then uninstalled it and reinstalled it and got a error message telling me to reinstall it

Please list all the components in your pc as well as the power supply.

Did you build the pc or buy a pre-built?

This is the first time I’ve heard Ryzen Master not working.

Jul 9, 2020

It worked for me before, and after i got done installing the new cpu. And yes I actually bought this pc off a friend (not good friends) so I didnt have to build it. But I did add some parts that I have bought.
Specs:
Power supply: 600 w
RAM: 2 sticks of 8gb ballistics (16gb total)
GPU: rx 580 series
Motherboard: is a strix b350-F
I have 3 fans total. One at the top of the tower blowing the air out. And a two fan combo in the front bringing air in.

Jul 9, 2020

I also just realized that my two fan combo is not a combo. I have 2 fans in the front, one blowing in and another blowing out. And a fan at the top blowing out

TRENDING THREADS