CPU backplate not compatible with new CPU cooler.

Aug 3, 2018
My CPU retention bracket is screwed to the back plate and the backplate also has extending arms for acting as back plate for Intel stock cooler. Now, I want to replace it with "cooler master hyper H410R", but the new back plate cannot be installed unless I remove the existing back plate (which also holds the retention bracket). Also, I donot want to install the cooler without CPU retention bracket. Please help.

Solution
If you found a dead 1150 motherboard, you could scavenger the CPU retention plate from it ... or back to the idea of cutting (not an exciting idea).
Aug 3, 2018
My socket is LGA 1150. The motherboard id HP Pegatron Menphis S.
B01MZ27EPT

Aug 3, 2018

Yeah. I got that idea.
Some of my ideas are:
1. Install the cooler without mounting bracket (I donot want to do that, as my case is always
being moved).
2. Cut the metal plate arms OR Buying a small back plate.
3. Buy a standoff to screw it in the present holes for increasing the height (stock cooler has long legs that go into present backplate, but hyper H410R has very short ones).
4. Get along with stock cooler OR Buy another cooler that has long enough legs(similar to the stock cooler).

Which one is better ?

Aug 3, 2018

scavenging the CPU retention plate sounds practical, but I live in India. Here they barely use desktops (every one uses mobiles or laptops). Even 1150 sockets are rare and many use PGA chips. But, I will try to "scavenger".

You might be able to just drill the existing holes in the plate a bit bigger and then put part E from the instructions through the hole ... one problem. As you tightened the screw, part E might spin. You might need to use a wrench to hold the part in place while tightening.

Aug 3, 2018

I finally found a dead motherboard at a computer store and got a small backplate for mounting the retention bracket(he sold the backplate for 250 INR i.e., $4). Once it is done, I was able to successfully install the H410R, exactly as it is in the manual.
Thank you "anotherdrew" for your help and your time.