Question CPU Boot Problems

Jun 6, 2019
My computer has worked well for about 6 months, would occasionally get a white VGA Led on my Mobo but no issue and then eventually this led to my PC crashing occasionally and now it's 50/50 on freezing/crashing at boot up, sometimes at Mobo logo and sometimes after Windows 10 boots up. I have already ran numerous memory checks on my RAM and everything is okay there. I will say when i plug my display port into the Mobo instead of GPU everything works fine. I tested another card and I am still having the same issues.

My build:
ASUS Rog Strix Z390E Motherboard
I7-8700k Processor
Windows 10 64bit
32 GB Corsair RAM (4 x 8GB)
GIGABYTE RTX 2080 GPU
Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB SSD
Seagate 2 TB 7200 HHD
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+
Corsair H100i Cooler

Last edited:

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
What model PSU is it exactly?
Do any issues occur after the PC has booted or is it always during startup?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
So if you run on integrated graphics, you never encounter the issue? But you've also tried a second GPU and had the same problem?

Jun 6, 2019
What model PSU is it exactly?
Do any issues occur after the PC has booted or is it always during startup?
Do you have latest BIOS installed?
So if you run on integrated graphics, you never encounter the issue? But you've also tried a second GPU and had the same problem?

Bios is updated, and sorry had to correct my powersupply, it is an EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G+, 80 Plus Gold 850W, Fully Modular. Sometimes Windows will load and crash and restart after 5-10 minutes.

When I run intergrated graphics I have not experienced any issue with crashing. I ran another GPU, EVGA RTX 2080 TI and am encountering the same issues.