CPU Bottlenecking My TRI-X R9 290? Or Do I Need A Bios Update?

Shlutka

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014
So I RMA'd my TRI-X R9 290, I recieved it and I'm having good performance, but there's one thing that bothers me. In battlefield 3, on a 64 player Nosahr Canals server, theres a spot where my FPS drops down to 42, and my GPU usage is at only 60%. If my FPS is that low shouldn't the gpu be working harder? It can't be a bottleneck.... I have an FX-8350 overclocked to 4.6ghz. Any other place in BF3 I get 70-100 fps. I've heard some people have updated their bios and fixed restarting and performance issues, should I do that? Or is it a confirmed bottleneck?

Please help, and thank you in advance.

------ UPDATE -------
I have updated my BIOS, my overall desktop experience is faster, and I never drop under 65 fps. (120 average).

Solution
ping , what ever but if I need to set my server to a set fps I can so a guy with a 100 fps rig don't run over a guy with a 60 fps .. when you go online things change over SP on your own rig

just thought I throw all that out there .. whan you go online you got to weed through all that between you them and back plus there server.. is it loaded down that day and slower or updating ?? you don't know .. you can compare online with standalone by any means

Shlutka

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014

I haven't lol, just got it 2 weeks ago. (Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3)

being on line it could just be there server - your connection-- what ever ??

your depending on a lot of outside of your control that way --

there server may have a limitor on it to keep fairness of game play and cut you and all back so a lesser computer can play on equal ground ??

Shlutka

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014

64 Ping, Most people don't go under 60 on the server.

ping , what ever but if I need to set my server to a set fps I can so a guy with a 100 fps rig don't run over a guy with a 60 fps .. when you go online things change over SP on your own rig

just thought I throw all that out there .. whan you go online you got to weed through all that between you them and back plus there server.. is it loaded down that day and slower or updating ?? you don't know .. you can compare online with standalone by any means

Solution

Shlutka

Reputable
Aug 1, 2014

Thank you! I updated my bios to the latest version. Everything is running amazing now!