Question CPU causing RAM malfunctions

May 30, 2023
I’ve had my ryzen 7 5800x for a little over a year now and I’ve never had any problems with it, but I bought two more sticks of Corsair RGB 16GB 3200mhz RAM on top of the 16 gb I already had (same spec as the ones I bought) but when I put them in their slots the computer wouldn’t boot, I found that the computer only works with 2 or 3 ram sticks installed in different DIMM slots but when I put a 4th in it won’t boot. I’ve bought 2 new motherboards (MSI MPG B550 and Aorus B450 Elite v2) and they both exhibit the same problem as the first one (Aorus B450 Elite). On the B450 elite v2 I got a light error for DRAM on the motherboard but for the MSI motherboard I got a CPU error light. I was just wondering if this problem was due to the CPU or the RAM and if it is fixable or not.

Original Specs:
Aerocool Cylon 700w 80+ certified
Aorus B450 Elite
Zotac Gaming RTX 3060 Ti
Ryzen 7 5800x
Corsair RGB Vengeance Pro 16GB (8x2) 3200mhz
INTaiell 512gb ssd - SATA III
WD Blue 1tb M.2 NVME ssd
MSI MAG CORELIQUID AIO

So, to begin with, Ryzen does not like Vengeance memory. Not on ANY generation for the most part. It is VERY hit or miss using Vengeance memory kits with Ryzen platforms because it's nearly impossible for any kind of validation of a given Vengeance kit actually working because regardless that the part numbers might be the same Corsair is well known for using a variety of changing ICs (Memory chips) on it's Vengeance lineup. Using different ICs can drastically alter whether a specific kit or stick of memory is going to work with a certain motherboard chipset and CPU or not.

So, that's strike one.

Strike two, is the fact that you have multiple memory kits that were not manufactured together, likely do not have identical compositions and were not tested together for compatibility at the factory. It does not matter that they are the same model.

Please read the following post in it's entirety:

And read section two at the following link titled "Mixed memory (Or the odd man out)":

Additionally, most Ryzen systems won't support four DIMM operations without problems or without a reduction in frequency. But you also have an EXTREMELY POOR QUALITY, really REALLY bad, like, you need to replace it now because it could absolutely be contributing to EVERY problem you are having or have experienced on this build. This is a "please take it out of the system and either discard it or use it as a door stop" type of power supply, as seen here on Tier F.

But also as is general knowledge for most enthusiasts. In fact, Aerocool has exactly ONE power supply lineup worth using, ONE, ONLY, and that is the Project 7 series units. The rest of their power supplies are pure garbage.