[SOLVED] CPU clock stuck at 4649mhz

Nov 12, 2020
I just noticed this after a month after I built my pc.
The CPU is Amd Ryzen 5600x
GPU - GTX 970

It says the clock speed is at max but i don't think that's right. What can I do to fix it? I attached a picture

https://ibb.co/YRV5q4b

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Last edited:
Solution

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
The CPU clocks look about right to me.
All I can really see wrong in that is the fact that your RAM is running at 2133 (1066 x 2).
Have you tried setting the XMP (DOCP) profile in the BIOS ?
That RAM should run at 3600 or at the very least 3200.

Also When you run HWInfo, check the Sensors Only box to get a better idea of clocks and temps. and a LOT of other info.

Nov 12, 2020
I had some problems with the bios and the motherboard not working when I first built the PC. I have a Tomahawk b550 motherboard. I flashed the bios multiples times until it finally somehow managed to boot up and i haven't questioned it since then lol. But the Gen 4 PCI slot on the motherboard doesn't work also and so I have to put my GTX 970 on the slot below it. I still don't know whats wrong with it but I will try your suggestion for the RAM. If there is anything else I should try please let me know and thank you

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
The PCI-E Gen 4 Slot should be able to be set to PCI-E 3 mode in the BIOS.
Also did you Set the Optimized Default Settings in that BIOS after you updated it ?
If Not, I would do that just to be sure everything is on Stock settings.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
The 1st pic shows PCI-E set to Auto but it can most likely be set to 3.0 only which might solve your issue with that top PCI-E slot (if you want to move the GPU).
If you are fine with the GPU where it is leave that setting on Auto.

The second pic shows the A-XMP profile 1 is enabled (for your 3600 RAM) which is what you want, so that's fine.

TRENDING THREADS