Question Cpu compatibility, Bios Updates for Asus prime B450M-K

Jul 29, 2020
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, but I have 2 questions:

I bought a Asus Prime B450M-K that says on the front of the box that it is Ryzen 3000 Desktop Ready but when I read the specs on the back of the box as well as the technical manual it says it's only 1st gen/ 2nd gen/ 1st gen with Radeon graphics ready?

2nd question: Does the Asus Prime B450M-K motherboard requires previous bios updates before using the latest version (2202) or can I skip immediately to it?

Thank you for your time.

Many of the B450 motherboards were made before the ryzen 3000 processers were produced so they only supported the 1st and 2nd generation chips.However, the MSI MAX range were released to work with 3000 chips straight from the box and many of the other boards that were produced later,(after the 3000 series chips,) also have the updated BIOS to run the 3rd generation. If it says '3000 ready' on the box then it should work with the 3rd gen's without the need for a BIOS update...................................That's my understanding of it anyway.

Jul 29, 2020
But where things get confusing, as it says Ryzen 3000 desktop ready on the front of the box but on the technical sheet and the back of the box it only says Ryzen gen 1 and gen 2 processors supported

That's where the confusion begins.
Can you please, if you can, answer my 2nd question?
I don't know how to post pics on this forum, as it is my first time, but it will help you understans my issue

When Ive done a BIOS update, ive gone straight to the latest version but I would wait till someone more experienced to advise you on that particular board before doing anything, as messing up the BIOS can screw your board. Is there any particular reason why you need to update the BIOS as with the sticker.it says it's '3000 ready' so i imagine it was manufactured with the correct BIOS to run 3rd gen chips,the box and what is written on the back is probably the original packaging and print, it was probably cheaper to just stick the 3000 ready sticker on than reprint and repackage all the motherboards after they had been updated.