[SOLVED] CPU compatibility

Jun 3, 2021
I have a Lenovo 30B7000XUS with a LENOVO 1030 Motherboard, I wanted to know how to determine what CPUs are compatible with it.
Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you own the Lenovo S30 workstation, supported list of CPU for that platform is located here. Looking up the motherboard you've stated brings up laptops, hence my question of whether you own the Thinkstation prebuilt system.

To add more food for this discussion you can use CPU-Z to show you what processor you have onboard and then parse the screenshots of said CPU-Z app here, after hosting images on Imgur.

Jun 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you own the Lenovo S30 workstation, supported list of CPU for that platform is located here. Looking up the motherboard you've stated brings up laptops, hence my question of whether you own the Thinkstation prebuilt system.

To add more food for this discussion you can use CPU-Z to show you what processor you have onboard and then parse the screenshots of said CPU-Z app here, after hosting images on Imgur.

Thanks for the response.
It's my work computer, it is a Thinkstation prebuilt system (hand-me-down from previous employee). It's been slow at processing my CAD software and it seemed the problem was the graphics card and CPU.

Jun 3, 2021
I needed to upgrade my pc's performance and was told I should try a new cpu. I have an 00FC924 Lenovo motherboard. I tried looking up some compatibility sites but there wasn't anything for Lenovo motherboards.
Thanks.

Lutfij

Titan
You're welcome.

You could've used CPU-Z for the BIOS instead of Userbenchmark. To add, did you look through the link I parsed in my initial post? Is the Thinkstation you have an S30 unit? We're asking these questions to help identify your system in order to get to a solution. Regardless of it being a hand me down, it should have a sticker with an SKU or a badge on the front of the chassis(apart from the Thinkstation moniker) to help identify the prebuilt.

As for the motherboard you own, in the system, it does have 2 physical CPU sockets, meaning you can drop in the same processor on CPU socket 2 but then you will need to add ram to said CPU socket.

FYI, I'm an architect by education, I'm curious to understand what CAD app you're working with? I've also dealt with system that seemed to be slow but a reinstall of the OS solved that bit.

Reactions: mayer.freedman
Jun 3, 2021
You're welcome.

You could've used CPU-Z for the BIOS instead of Userbenchmark. To add, did you look through the link I parsed in my initial post? Is the Thinkstation you have an S30 unit? We're asking these questions to help identify your system in order to get to a solution. Regardless of it being a hand me down, it should have a sticker with an SKU or a badge on the front of the chassis(apart from the Thinkstation moniker) to help identify the prebuilt.

As for the motherboard you own, in the system, it does have 2 physical CPU sockets, meaning you can drop in the same processor on CPU socket 2 but then you will need to add ram to said CPU socket.

FYI, I'm an architect by education, I'm curious to understand what CAD app you're working with? I've also dealt with system that seemed to be slow but a reinstall of the OS solved that bit.

It's a Lenovo ThinkStation P510. I did look through the list but wasn't sure if they were compatible with my motherboard. Had to do some digging to find that 🙂.

You're an architect, that's cool, I was actually considering that career first. I use solidworks.

Reactions: mayer.freedman
Solution