Question Cpu compatibility

Minipiwi

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
I currently have a ASRock B450-HDV. I looked it up and it says it's comapitble with AMD series 200, 300, 4000, 4000 g, 5000, and 5000 g. I currently have a Ryzen 7 2700x and I'm looking to upgrade to a Ryzen 7 5700x. Will my mobo be compatible. I know the answer could be yes but I'm not entirely sure if I'm reading it correctly. This is what I found:
Supports AMD AM4 Socket Ryzen™ 2000, 3000, 4000 G-Series, 5000 and 5000 G-Series Desktop Processors.

Ahh so would I click the dow load link ? Ive never done a bios update so apologies if this is straight forward and I'm complicating it.
You have to extract the BIOS from the download first, put the BIOS file on a USB stick, then go into an update screen in your current BIOS to do the update. Read in your manual how to do the update it.

Also be absolutely certain to follow all the notes in the list of updates. Asrock frequently requires updating to intermediate BIOS revisions to get to the final one. Update all the way to the latest revision on your current CPU (2700X) before swapping in the new CPU. If you have the means, it might be a good idea to take it to a reliable computer shop and let them do it if you've never done it before.

Minipiwi

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
You have to extract the BIOS from the download first, put the BIOS file on a USB stick, then go into an update screen in your current BIOS to do the update. Read in your manual how to do the update it.

Also be absolutely certain to follow all the notes in the list of updates. Asrock frequently requires updating to intermediate BIOS revisions to get to the final one. Update all the way to the latest revision on your current CPU (2700X) before swapping in the new CPU. If you have the means, it might be a good idea to take it to a reliable computer shop and let them do it if you've never done it before.
Yeah I've never done it before and apart from that my PC was a prebuilt from two or three years ago. I've upgraded everything but the mobo myself. So I unfortunately don't have the manual for it.

Minipiwi

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020

TRENDING THREADS