[SOLVED] Cpu cooler backplate ?

kruss

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
Hello I’m semi new having an issue. My new Maximus XII hero lga 1200 mb doesn’t have a back plate to fit my cooler master 360 aio. My old mother board had one that that cooler master screwed right into easy. I’ve tried looking I’m a bit older I can’t seem to find one that will go in the back or my mother board for the cooler master to fit ? Am I missing something ? This is my first recent build would love some help please ? Thanks . Should I contact cooler master ?

Solution
Lga2011, 2011v3, 2066 is the enthusiast class boards and had its own mounting system, namely a preset set of nuts in the board.

Lga1156, 1155, 1150, 1151, 1151v2, 1200 are consumer grade boards and do not come with a preset mount, the mount is supplied with the cooler.

Enthusiast and consumer class boards have different mounts, the enthusiast is somewhat larger, but all the consumer lga1xxx mounts are the same 4pin square. Just look for the Intel bracket, it's in there, doesn't matter if it's labeled for lga1200 or not.

kruss

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
I tried to do that but the back plate on my old mother board under neath it the holes do not line up with the new. The cpu latch area that locks down the cpu onto the board is completely different. Both my 2066 mother boards already came with that under mount I just Put the bracket on the actual cooler and screwed it in. The new MB the backplate holes are in different spot ?

kruss

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2013
I was using the stock one that came with the motherboard already I had and the new mother board doesn’t have one. I guess I need a replacement back for the mother board from cooler master ? Can you buy that part anywhere ?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Lga2011, 2011v3, 2066 is the enthusiast class boards and had its own mounting system, namely a preset set of nuts in the board.

Lga1156, 1155, 1150, 1151, 1151v2, 1200 are consumer grade boards and do not come with a preset mount, the mount is supplied with the cooler.

Enthusiast and consumer class boards have different mounts, the enthusiast is somewhat larger, but all the consumer lga1xxx mounts are the same 4pin square. Just look for the Intel bracket, it's in there, doesn't matter if it's labeled for lga1200 or not.

Solution