CPU cooler help

skrublord

Honorable
May 23, 2015
My h100i just went out after two years and i'm wondering what some of the newer and better options are? As well i was wondering if anyone had experience with alphacool, i have been looking at the eisbaer 280 aio.

Solution
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/warranty
If you scroll to the bottom of their page, it says that they support a 5 year warranty on it. So you either got a bad part, or something else happened to it sometime in those 2 years.

Assuming that you purchased it from a Corsair reseller, and that it was before April 27th, 2015, you should be able to just contact their support and RMA it. Save yourself the money that way.

I'd say it's definitely worth it to at least contact them about an RMA before you go out buying a new one, especially if you didn't have any problems with it for 2 years.

genthug

Honorable
Alphacool has always made solid liquid cooling parts/sets, I would trust it. As for the newer and better... not much is newer and better than the H100i. There are a few flashier AIOs that are out now along with the RGB craze, and there are a few that Cryorig has thrown into the mix, but other than the the H100 line is still a pretty big go-to.

genthug

Honorable
http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/warranty
If you scroll to the bottom of their page, it says that they support a 5 year warranty on it. So you either got a bad part, or something else happened to it sometime in those 2 years.

Assuming that you purchased it from a Corsair reseller, and that it was before April 27th, 2015, you should be able to just contact their support and RMA it. Save yourself the money that way.

I'd say it's definitely worth it to at least contact them about an RMA before you go out buying a new one, especially if you didn't have any problems with it for 2 years.

Solution

skrublord

Honorable
May 23, 2015
Thanks for the help. I was all ready looking to replace it since i was wanting to start a custom loop so i went with the alphacool eisbaer 280. I will definitely do an RMA to use with another pc build

genthug

Honorable
280 is a fairly odd rad size, so just make sure that your case that you will be putting it in is sufficient, and that (for the future) your case also has space for other rads. Assuming you're overclocking your components, you'll want a second slot for a radiator as well, as 280mm for overclocked components can get a tad warm.

skrublord

Honorable
May 23, 2015
I did plan for this and my case does support 280mm rads and it supports at least and additional GPU. I plan to go for the full 360mm once i do an SLI and CPU coverage as well as a 120mm rad at the top end of the box

skrublord

Honorable
May 23, 2015

Id replace the 280 with a 360. It has quick disconnect cables and the cpu block has a port for refiling.

genthug

Honorable
Depending on how much of a difference there is in price, and what your available funds are I would either A) buy the 360 outright, especially if I had plans to add in the GPU as well, or B) if I didn't have the sufficient funds, wait a bit longer and save up a bit more money to buy it. Less of a hassle in the end.

skrublord

Honorable
May 23, 2015

That's what i planned the 360 rad wasn't in stock either way so i still got a good AIO and a new block from alpha along with tubing and barbs is only $89