[SOLVED] CPU cooler R7 3700x

Subatago

Prominent
Mar 15, 2019
Hi

I recently got the R7 3700x, but during heavy usage the Wraith Prism cooler tends to rev up to maximum usage.

For this reason I'm soon going to replace the cooler, I want something that performs similar or better while being alot more quiet.

So far I've found these coolers that I thought might've been alright:
  • Noctua NH-U12A
  • Be Quiet Dark Rock 4
  • Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B

Does anyone have experience with these coolers for AMD or any other recommendation (max. cpu height of case: 162mm)?

Solution
If your case fits up to 162mm coolers, the NH-D15S would work. Take a look at some performance benchmarks to help you decide.

index.php

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/be_quiet_dark_rock_4_cpu_cooler_review,7.html
Hi

I recently got the R7 3700x, but during heavy usage the Wraith Prism cooler tends to rev up to maximum usage.

For this reason I'm soon going to replace the cooler, I want something that performs similar or better while being alot more quiet.

• Noctua NH-U12A
  • Be Quiet Dark Rock 4
  • Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B
Does anyone have experience with these coolers for AMD or any other recommendation (max. cpu height of case: 162mm)?
Dark rock is 160mm so you’d be pushing it. Dunno about the others. You thought about an AIO?

Hi

• Noctua NH-U12A
  • Be Quiet Dark Rock 4
  • Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B
All three of those would be better than the stock cooler.

Dunno how good it is mate, never heard of the brand.
Scythe has excellent performance with a lower pricetag. Noctua-like performance.

When priced right, the Scythe Fuma, Mugen, and Ninja are all recommendable coolers.

8320_32_scythe-mugen-5-rev-cpu-cooler-review.png

https://images.tweaktown.com/content/8/3/8320_32_scythe-mugen-5-rev-cpu-cooler-review.png

Scythe has excellent performance with a lower pricetag. Noctua-like performance.

When priced right, the Scythe Fuma, Mugen, and Ninja are all recommendable coolers.

8320_32_scythe-mugen-5-rev-cpu-cooler-review.png

https://images.tweaktown.com/content/8/3/8320_32_scythe-mugen-5-rev-cpu-cooler-review.png
Calling BS. Getting 70 degrees on an X62 in performance mode on an OC 6700K? That’s not a particularly spicy chip even when OC. Then you’re getting margin of error with the smaller, last gen X52?

Calling BS. Getting 70 degrees on an X62 in performance mode on an OC 6700K? That’s not a particularly spicy chip even when OC. Then you’re getting margin of error with the smaller, last gen X52?
That doesn't sound out of the ordinary to me. All K-series i7's since Devil's Canyon are very warm running CPUs. And that was their Overclocked test results. 2.25C being margin of error... meh. That's not surprising either. Same 2-3C difference in the NH-U14S and NH-D15S.

That doesn't sound out of the ordinary to me. All K-series i7's since Devil's Canyon are very warm running CPUs. And that was their Overclocked test results. 2.25C being margin of error... meh. That's not surprising either. Same 2-3C difference in the NH-U14S and NH-D15S.
The 6700K was warm but delidding didn’t become a necessity until Kaby. I had a 6600K and that OCd fine. The i7 wasn’t warm enough to make AIOs run that hot.