Question CPU cooler won't fit on ASUS Prime B650-Plus ?

Dec 10, 2022
The motherboard has a built in metal backplate that I can’t get the cooler master hyper 212 AMD backplate through. The built in backplate I believe is also to support the cpu tension rod and not removable. Instead of holes to put the screws from the backplate through there are threaded holes too small for the screws. I’m not sure what to do or if I’m trying to install it wrong, I can’t find anyone else with the same problem.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I can’t get the cooler master hyper 212 AMD backplate through
At this point of time, there are a number of Hyper212's circulating in the market, both new and old. Which one do you have? Something tells me that the cooler you have is not compatible with your board due to the mounting mechanism. Had it been two latches at either end like the stock AMD AM/FM era cooler, then the cooler would've worked. Considering it needs a bespoke backplate to mount the cooler onto, you might need another cooler that is advertised to work out of the box on the AM5 socket.

Dec 10, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I can’t get the cooler master hyper 212 AMD backplate through
At this point of time, there are a number of Hyper212's circulating in the market, both new and old. Which one do you have? Something tells me that the cooler you have is not compatible with your board due to the mounting mechanism. Had it been two latches at either end like the stock AMD AM/FM era cooler, then the cooler would've worked. Considering it needs a bespoke backplate to mount the cooler onto, you might need another cooler that is advertised to work out of the box on the AM5 socket.
Thank you, after further research I found that the cooler is compatible but only with an am5 upgrade kit, which cooler master has announced but has yet to release. Thanks again for the help!