Question Cpu core temp. Help!

May 27, 2019
So I recently bought a new cpu air cooler and installed it with no issues whatsoever but when I turned on my PC and opened software such as msi afterburner and and ryzen master it was showing idle temps around 80-90degrees celcius. I decided to reboot my PC and go into the bios to look at my fan curves where I discovered that it was reading my core temp as 30degrees Celsius. Is there any reason why the third party programs are showing temps that high and how do I fix it?

May 27, 2019
Sometimes there is a bug in the software.
Just uninstall the software and either go to the latest version of the software, or a previous version.
You can easily tell if it was at 80'C- touch the heatsink, if you leave skin on the heatsink, it was that hot.
Sometimes there is a bug in the software.
Just uninstall the software and either go to the latest version of the software, or a previous version.
You can easily tell if it was at 80'C- touch the heatsink, if you leave skin on the heatsink, it was that hot.
Thanks for the reply so soon!
I have touched the heatsink and there are no signs of heat that high.
I was monitoring the temps before I switched the cooler and they were correct. So I find it hard to believe that the software could be messing up but I'll give it a try.

May 27, 2019
So re installing the software did not work and is still showing temps excess of 90degrees Celsius is there any fix to this as I would like to monitor my cpu temps when gaming