Intel i9 9900 KF processor
MSIz390 A PRO motherboard
Corsair 16GB 3200Mhz RAM
WD 500GB NVME SSD Hard Drive
INNO 3d RTX 2060 Super 8GB - Graphics
Silverstone liquid cooler pF 120
Deepcool cabinet with 4 fan
Corsair 650W SMPS 80+

The machine is locally assembled in India via a shop(yes its common in India) and been about 8 months since I bought it. All was going well untill one day I see my device is giving me a CPU core temperature issue

Image here

Tried the following to no avail:

1. Cleaned dust from the CPU and the cooling fans - all the cooling fans seem to work just fine
  2. Updated BIOS to latest version
  3. Disabled antivirus(windows defender) and some other softwares
  4. Ordered thermal paste off Amazon and going to try to apply it tomorrow

Any other checks and ideas I should be trying out, the device itself had no changes between yesterday and today since the problem started occuring. I am really perplexed as to what happened here.

thanks for the help

Supriyo Banerjee

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2013
Something weird happened, initially after the bios update the temperatures werent in control, i give it 3-4 hours, come back and restart and now I am seeing normal temperatures. I did run an intel diagnostic before this which showed no issues, not really sure what fixed it... hope it stays this way..

P.S. Since i dont understand what fixed it for full disclosure I also did a sfc/scannow which I am not certain was comepletely finished since when I came back to the room my PC had switched off and I assumed its due to overheating.. such a mystery this!!!

TommyTwoTone66

Prominent
BANNED
Apr 24, 2021
Is the PC in an air-conditioned room? What is the temperature outside the PC? In Delhi right now peak temperature during the day is reaching 41C, which is very very hot conditions for a gaming PC to be operating in.

Supriyo Banerjee

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2013
And my problem again resurfaced, my PC and I am in Bangalore which is a pleasant 23 degrees. I am wondering what could be the issue given that the problem keeps coming back up time to time.. doesnt sound like a hardware issue, is it? Any pointers?