Question CPU Debug LED is lit with RAM Installed ?

Apr 23, 2022
So I recently bought a Ryzen 9 3900XT for my build (MSI b450 Tomahawk Max II)

After installing it, I see a CPU debug light when DRAM is installed. I've tried all slots 1 by 1, with both of my ram sticks. (Silicon Power 2x16GB)
Removing those, and leaving DRAM empty, the mobo POSTS to DRAM. I have a spare TFORCE stick that I used with the same result (Red Cpu Light).

Any ideas for fixing this error, or is it incompatible? Looking on Pcpartpicker, it's not, and even MSI says its compatible. Is it a CPU error? Any advice helps. Thanks!

Ryzen 9 3900XT
B450 Tomahawk Max II
32 GBs Silicon Power and or 32Gbs T Force
Gigabyte 1650 Super OC

Apr 23, 2022
Wait, you got no beeps for No Ram, or MB without a speaker ?
My mobo doesn't have a speaker, however i can probably get POST beeps through BIOS. (I put a working cpu in)

Also, to answer your question: No my RAM doesn't have a cmos button next to it. I'll double check though. I'll give you an update when I work on the cpu. Thank you!

Apr 23, 2022
Considering the Ram is acceptable, plug it in and reset CMOS. I presume no Ram CMOS reset button next to the light is there ?

BIOS reset with CMOS battery didn't work, it still POST's to DRAM with no RAM installed regardless of BIOS (since the basic bios is compatible with the 3900XT)

I assume the CPU is dead, just find it odd it POST's with no DRAM.