Question Cpu debug led on and does not post

Nov 18, 2021
Hi all,

Recently having some problem with my pc posting. It doesnt post when powered up. The fans run and lights go up and the cpu led debug led stays on.

Been running fine till last month and managed to get it booting after random restarts and reset of the cmos. No luck this time though. I tried resetting cmos, stripping all parts and booting with just the cpu. Switched the psu as well so it is down to cpu or mb? Appreciate any advice. Thanks

1 year old pc
Amd 3400g
B450 Tomahawk max with latest bios
Win 10
Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4

Nov 18, 2021
Paying back to the community. Found the issue. I think i am really lucky as both the CPU and mobo died.

Brought the mobo to MSI for checks and they confirned the board is faulty. Issued me a loan board which i tested with my CPU with. Still getting the CPU debug led problem and proceeded to RMA the CPU too. Just received an update that the RMA for the CPU passed inspection so waiting for the replacement board and CPU now.

In short, if you encounter similar problems, might want to consider RMA both the board and CPU. Just surprised that the parts which are just one year old failed that quickly.

Reactions: Aeacus