CPU extremely overheating

sWedx

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013
Hello everyone :)
My Specs:
MOBO: GA-970A-D3 (rev 3.0)
CPU: FX 6300@4,4GHz/1,38v (stable 24/7)
CPU Cooler: GeminII S radiator with two Thermaltake 120mm Thunderblade fans.

Recently I've found a problem on my CPU: it's overheating a lot, and, apparently, "without reason". Well, my mobo is a GA-970A-D3, and the CPU is a FX 6300. It's a two years old computer, and since I built, I have been using the same clock/voltage in all components. It was running about ~62°C full load, and about ~27ºC idle with the ambient temperature near to 27ºC. Last week, I saw that its temps was extremely high, but only while full load. It was reaching 90ºC :ouch: easily, and warming up very very fast. Only took less than one minute to reach it. And it's not about case cooling, because all fans are on the "right direction" (front, lateral and bottom = in / back and top = out), and those temps have changed without touch anything.

I cleaned up everything you can imagine very well, remove completely the old thermal paste, and applied a new one (Arctic Silver 5 within the validity) as I ever did: putting a drop on the center, and letting the block from the cooler spread it.

Same results, nothing changes. :(

I reduced the voltage and clock to stock without AMD Turbo (3,5GHz/1,28v) and now i'm reaching the 62ºC while full loading. Could my heat pipes have been damaged? Or maybe my CPU, or even the mobo, is dying? :??:

gaborbarla

Distinguished
Hi, maybe try to monitor your CPU fan RPMs. Potentially your fan could also be having a problem. Maybe it doesn't rev up or maybe something is prohibiting it from revving up like a bios setting or a software setting. Just giving ideas.

Also, does your PC actually crash?

Gabor

sWedx

Honorable
Sep 1, 2013

Oh, I forgot to mention: I plugged ALL fans directly on the PSU, now they are 100% during all the time, and I replaced the ones from the cooler. No, it never crashed, but the region in the case next to the CPU, and the air coming out on top are hot as a hell.