[SOLVED] CPU fan backplate stuck

Solution
You do not need to remove the backplate to remove ANY CPU cooler. The fasteners should remove from the cooler side that attach to the backplate hardware, and you have to remove the CPU side hardware from the mounting hardware before you can remove the fasteners that attach the front hardware to the backplate anyhow.

I think you need to slow down, and start over, on the other side of the motherboard.

Also, if you're going to post videos, post them on Youtube and then link to them here. There are many of us that will absolutely not visit a link on twitter or similar sites.
You do not need to remove the backplate to remove ANY CPU cooler. The fasteners should remove from the cooler side that attach to the backplate hardware, and you have to remove the CPU side hardware from the mounting hardware before you can remove the fasteners that attach the front hardware to the backplate anyhow.

I think you need to slow down, and start over, on the other side of the motherboard.

Also, if you're going to post videos, post them on Youtube and then link to them here. There are many of us that will absolutely not visit a link on twitter or similar sites.

Solution
I don't know what you currently have, for a CPU or a CPU cooler, because you didn't offer that information. So I don't know if you have a stock backplate, or an aftermarket backplate, or a stock/aftermarket CPU cooler. FYI, don't call the CPU cooler a "fan". A "fan" is what you install ON the CPU cooler to help transfer heat away from the heatsink. The heatsink AND the fan together are known as a CPU cooler, although just a heatsink on a fanless model would also be considered to be a cooler.

bignastyid

Titan
MERGED QUESTION
Question from jasonjablonsky123 : "Cpu fan backplate stuck on mobo"