Question CPU Fan Error Question

iAmAdrian

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
Hi guys,

My board is ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming and just 2-3 days ago I had a CPU Fan error which prevents me from booting up.

What I did was, I went to BIOS and just "IGNORED" my CPU Fan instead of it being "MONITORED". Given I don't have anything running through that port as I'm using an AIO cooler connected via CPU Fan Opt, I thought this was the only safe way of booting up.

Anyway, I have 2 questions:

1. Why did all of a sudden, I had a CPU Fan error? I never had it since and I'm running this rig for about 3-4 years now. - if more info is needed on what are the things that are connected to my PC are, just let me know and I can provide.
  2. Whenever I reboot/restart my rig I have to go back to BIOS and redo what I just did of IGNORING the CPU Fan. - Do I have to do this every single time I turn my PC on moving forward?

p.s. Kindly move if I'm in the wrong thread.

Thanks,

iAmAdrian

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
Is there any other way I can monitor/check it?

I'm using Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme but seems like Corsair has discontinued their Corsair Link app. Tried their new iCue software but I've read it bugs out the reports from my AIO.

Checking via BIOS, seems like the fans are working at a decent working RPM. And visibly, the fans are doing fine. I've yet to check the pumps.

But do bad pumps display as CPU Fan errors?

iAmAdrian

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2013
I'm not sure how to upload images but I just recently installed iCue v3 as advised by Corsair support and my AIO seems to be working a-ok.

Fan running at 1500rpm on idle
and pump is at 1900rpm on idle with a temp of 36.50c

Any other reasons you guys could think of as to why I'm getting a CPU Fan error?

Much appreciated.

Thanks!